Saturday, August 18, 2012

Food-cation

How many times can you say oh I'm on vacation who cares about tracking what I'm eating? Or calorie counting?

Well I wrestled with vacation this year and the idea of staying the same weight or gaining no more than 4 lbs.

I ate like a queen almost every day while on vacation I will spare u the details of each meal, but my days started with my man making pancakes and bacon covered in vt maple syrup and lunch and dinner was either grilled chicken, shrimp or ribs almost daily& being in dairy country we had to take trips to Ben & Jerry's factory! But I refrained from the $35 Vermonter Sunday and opted for a heath bar crunch sundae.

Now this year we tried something different, water have you tried it? We brought 2 cases of water bottles and 3 gal. In the fridge. And 2 bottles of soda instead of two bottles a day! We packed snacks for vacation. However most got repacked and brought home.

So when it came time for my Friday ww meeting I said ok I'm skipping! I will give myself an extra week! Saturday I woke up to a different attitude! I told myself no! You need to know how bad you did! I ran out the door got to my meeting and the moment of truth came I was 3 lbs lighter! I felt like a winner! Like the decisions I made and behavior changes have paid off. Gold star week for me! Now back to reality and my crazy week ahead! How have you made it thru this summer with vacations? And BBQ's?

No comments:

Post a Comment